As you know, Becky and I love to thow a small party for our close friends and family around the holidays. Since all of our friends have young kids like us, we know we need to have food that will work for both the grown up and the kids.
While we shopping at Save-A-Lot, it dawned on me to make quesadillas. They are the perfect go to finger food, because they double as a meal. You can make them simple for kids or sophisicated for the adults (Becky’s friend, Julia, gave us this tip a few years ago, becase she make these a lot when they have friends over).
Since the kids were shopping at Save-A-Lot with us we asked them for thier input. (We like to go there becasue we spend about 40% less ton our grocery bill becase of their prices). The kids opted for bacon, cheddar cheese, and salsa. Becky and I grabbed some chicken breasts, turkey bacon, jalapenos, onions, cilantro, and sour cream.
When the quests arrived, we had eveything laid out, buffet style. This made it really easy for everyone to pick and choose what they wanted on their quesadilla.
If you’re ready to make this easy holiday recipe, just follow the steps below.
1) Lightly season your chicken breasts with salt and pepper and bake at 375 degrees until throughly cooked.
2) Cook both bacon and turkey bacon until throughly cooked (I personally like bacon extra crispy)
3) Dice your vegetables and cilantro into small, easy to scoop pieces.
4) Put each ingredient into and individual bowl for your guest to pick what they want.
5) Bake on a cookie sheet at 375 degrees until tortilla is golden brown. (or a grill press if you have one).
The Holiday Season is the time of year that brings us together with our family and friends. We get together for parties and holiday meals and we get to induldge in our favorite holiday dishes. Shopping at Save-A-Lot just makes this easier. Whether we’re making a breakfast casserole, mini apple pies (better than the box) or an easy crockpot meal, we can count on Save-A-Lot to save us time and money.
Do you want a chance to win $25 to Save-A-Lot? Comment below and let me know your favorite finger food for a party.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Save-A-Lot. The opinions and text are all mine.