Becky and I were both born in the early 80’s so when it comes to throwing a party. Here are some things we loved about the 80’s.
1) 80’s slang. “Party Hardy” or “To the Max”… maybe you were “Bad to the bone.” You can print all of these for your own party by clicking here.
It wouldn’t be a Pizzastalgic party without Ellio’s Pizza. It’s a fun snack or meal that you can feel good about serving your kids.
3) Bright Colors!
Put on your brightest neons and get the party started! Allie was definitely up for wearing some neon pink!
4) Oh yes… and bangles to the elbows.
Becky always wears her bracelets at every #80sPizzaParty (I think she’s secretly trying to bring that look back!) It’s not working, but don’t tell her I said so.
5) “Business in the front, party in the back”
Yep… show it off, man… just go with it. When your kids laugh, just remind them that their school allows parents to come in for lunch and you aren’t afraid to make your own #80sPizzaParty in their cafeteria.
6) Grab neon plates for dinner. I can remember every #80sPizzaParty I ever went to had the brightest plates imaginable…and so do we.
7) Bust out your athletic attire. After dinner, change into your workout clothes, put on a little “Let’s Get Physical” and show your kids what workout gear REALLY looks like…
8) Pizza, again.
How many parties did you go to that served pizza? I’d say 99%, so let’s put that on the list twice! Since Ellio’s launched Ellio’s Sicilian Style, which combines classic Ellio’s ﬂavors and 33% more cheese with a delicious, thicker crust that is crispy on the outside, and soft and airy on the inside…it’s worth a second mention. (And to find these crispy delights near you, check out the store locator on the Ellio’s website.)
The movies in the 80’s were the best! The Goonies, The Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, ET, Ghostbusters. Pick one and have a family movie night with the kids. Grab some Ellio’s Pizza to eat while you watch it… just like the movies, it’s meant to be shared!
I’ve got to admit that the 80’s music isn’t my favorite, but ask Becky and she’ll tell you it is on the top of her list, so I’m adding it to this list.
What about you?