This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Lennox® for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
Every month, we get that little chart in the mail that lets us know how we stack up against our neighbors for energy usage. Some months we are below average, sometimes we are right on and sometimes we are above average. We aim to be below and we have found a few ways to get us there. Aside from finding a smart HVAC system, like the Ultimate Comfort System™ from Lennox® (a unique system unlike any other. It is comprised of the quietest, most efficient and smartest HVAC systems on the market), there are a few other ways to save energy…
- Run the dryer and the dishwasher at night, after the heat of the day has mostly passed.
- Wash clothes in cold or room temperature water.
- Unplug your electronics when you won’t be home. If we go away, we unplug the TV, computers, etc…
- Adjust the thermostat when you are not home. There is not need to keep a home chilly when you won’t be home. Adjust it so you are not using so much energy to cool your home when no one is home to feel it.
- Bike ride instead of taking the car. This is a no-brainer, but try to do it more. If you are going out in the evening, try taking a bike. The breeze will keep you cool & you aren’t using your car or the AC in your car.
I wanted to share the Lennox® Energy Savings Superstar Contest with you because Lennox® offers the most advanced, smart and efficient HVAC systems. The XC25 is the most precise and efficient air conditioner you can buy, offering the lowest operating noise levels of any air conditioner available. You can use the Dealer Locator to find one near you.
Details about the contest:
- July 1 – August 31: Entry submission window
- September 12 – 18: Voting period (vote for 1 of 4 finalists)
- September 28: Winner announced
- Or check out the official contest rules for more info.
Good luck! In the meantime, check out how other people use their energy (it was an eye opener for me):
Now try to think of a few ways that you can save energy & submit a photo of that tip to be entered to win the contest!
Kendall Ryder says
Making sure to adjust the thermostat is a good idea. That way you don’t end up wasting energy! Plus, running your AC or heater when you don’t need to can wear down the HVAC. That is just going to cause more problems for you. You will end up having to pay extra money and it is going to be a waste.
Bob R says
I am with kendal, I think it’s a very good idea and that’s the name of the game…do not waste energy!!
That makes a lot of sense to run the dryer at night. It’s cooler then. I’ll have to schedule times for chores with my family to keep the bills down.
Dale's AC says
Great tips! these tips will surely help me in saving my energy & also other readers as well.