When Becky came home with Johnsonsville’s new Firecracker and Jalapeno Cheddar Brats, I couldn’t wait to grill them up and serve them for dinner. I’m partnering wtih Johnsonville today to share a new favorite recipe with you. It is our new favorite! (Plus, when you find something that your four kids all like, you don’t sway from it.)
A few days later, we were boating at Becky’s parents house when her mom made Johnsonville Grillers for dinner, with the built-in flavor of Cheddar Cheese & Bacon and Swiss Cheese and Mushroom. She served them with cole slaw (she makes it with raisins- really good!) and her zucchini casserole (Becky’s favorite). They were the perfect way to end a summer day.
I guess nothing says summer quite like grilling out with Johnsonville, so I went to the store and bought a package of the #1 American brand of Brats, a package of bacon, stone ground mustard and honey.
I brought it home and got started…
- Get your ingredients ready.
- Take the Johnsonville brats out of the package.
- Layer 3 slices of bacon on the brats. I used maple bacon.
- Use toothpicks to hold the bacon in place and to guide you when you are ready to slice it.
- Grill it for 30 minutes or until the brats are done and the bacon is crispy. You can also cook them in the oven at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Take Johnsonville brats off of the grill & slice it.
- Mix your mustard & honey in a container for a dipping sauce.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.