This post on k-cup activities is sponsored by Dunkin’ Donuts through Mom It Forward. (The videos are not sponsored, but are just a little bonus to help you see what I’m doing! Enjoy!)
Let me tell you that I am coffee guy. I grab my Dunkin’ Donuts K-Cup® pod and pop one into my Keurig and make a cup as soon as I get up (lets be honest here- its more like two or three cups). When you have four kids, one cup just doesn’t cut it in the morning…
See this energy? I have to at least attempt to match it!
Anyway- when I am done with my Dunkin’ Donuts K-Cup® coffee (I like the original blend, but my wife likes the Dunkin’ Donuts Bakery Series®), I save the pods. I have ALWAYS loved to try to think of ways to use things, that are a little ‘out of the box’.
With Memorial Day coming up this weekend, we stocked up on Dunkin’ Donuts K-Cup pods and tried out some fun crafts with the pods. We are having family visit, so we will have a lot of empty K-Cups at the end the weekend to try out these ideas.
1- DIY Minions and Ninja Turtles from Dunkin’ Donuts K-Cup®:
- Take your K-Cup and remove the lid
- Wash it out.
- Take a piece of tape and cut it in half, lengthwise
- Tape it across the K-Cup to make it have a line down the center. The tape is the eye mask.
- Dip it in paint or paint the rim and “mask” separately, as seen in the video
- Press onto paper
- add eyes and make your face.
2- DIY Bubble Blower from Dunkin’ Donuts K-Cup®:
- Poke a hole into the end of the K-Cup, using a pen.
- Use a straw as your blower.
- Put bubble solution onto the plate.
- Dip your K-Cup and blow through the straw.
3- DIY Volcano from Dunkin’ Donuts K-Cup®:
- cover the small hole of the K-Cup with tape to hold water
- add equal parts of baking soda and water
- mix together with 3-5 drops of your favorite food coloring
- In a separate bowl mix 1/8 cup of dish liquid and add 1/4 cup of vinegar and mix well
- Use a medicine syringe (if you do not have around the house, ask you local pharmacy for one… we have ton of them) and the volcano will erupt!MORE DIY POSTS THAT YOU MIGHT LIKE:
You can find out more on their social media page!