This post contains affiliate links to products that I have.
This recipe for my guacamole made from scratch is my favorite recipe and it is easier to make than most think. I prefer to make my own recipes because I know that they are fresh and I know exactly what is going into them.
For this recipe, I usually buy a bag of my favorite chips and have this for a snack in the evening or just when I want something to munch on.
- 5 ripe avocados
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño (cleaned & seeded)
- 4 Roma tomatos (cleaned and seeded. To do this, simply cut it in half and clean out the seeds)
- 4 Tablespoons chopped cilantro (you can do 3 if you aren’t a huge fan like we are)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice from two limes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Remove the seed from the avocado & scoop out middle, into a bowl.
- Pour the juice over the avocado and set this aside to sit for five minutes.
- Drain the juice into another bowl (you really only need to save 2 Tablespoons. You can discard the rest)
- Add salt, cumin and pepper into avocado bowl.
- Combine (mash these together with potato masher or whisk)
- Add onion, jalapeño, tomato and garlic. Fold these in.
- Add cilantro and two tablespoons lime. Fold again.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about an hour before serving.
MORE POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE: