Becky and I love to eat foods the remind us of fall, go places that make us think of fall (football games for me and craft shows for Becky). There is barely a chill in the air and she has the pumpkin arrangements and leaf garland out for all to see. The smells of fall. Yep. That’s where it happens- the pumpkins, vanilla, cinnamon, apple… you know, all of the smells that make you really hungry? The smells that make you want to eat caramel sauce by the gallon?
Sounds hard, right? It is SO EASY. You need a whopping ONE ingredient: Sweetened Condensed Milk (Becky goes for Fat Free, but the flavor is in the full fat milk).
– Boil Water
– Remove the label from the can
– Place the can in the boiling water for THREE hours, flipping it over every hour (I set a timer for this)
– Let it cool enough to open it.
– Pour onto your favorite cheesecake, ice cream or apples.
– (optional) top your favorite treat with toffee and chocolate pieces.
– EAT! ENJOY! GO BACK FOR SECONDS!
And a close-up…
See the directions in action here:
jenna Wood says
Oh yum, I haven’t done this in years! I can almost smell my screen too! #client
Mickey Mansfield says
It’s a favorite around here