You are going to surprised by the 10 things parents look for in a coach. Growing up I played for many organizations. However, I was truly impressed with the organization that my son and I were apart of this past year. They truly took the time and wanted the insight from all the coaches in the organization. These were the 10 things that parents look for in a coach – the coaches answered honestly (they are all dads, like me)… Notice the #1 reason.
10) Coaching skills.
9) Communication skills with players.
8) Coaching experience in other sports
7) The knowledge of this sport
6) Communication skills with assistant coaches.
5) Communication skills with parents.
4) Personal playing experience of this sport.
3) Coached for the organization the previous year.
2) Coached same team the previous year.
1) Coaching his own child.