Here are 10 rules for the car according to kids…well according to our boys: Jack, Beau, and Ethan. (Now… if we would only let these rules EXIST, it would be their perfect world!)
1) A movie must be playing at all times…No Mom and Dad, it does not matter if we watched it already today, we need to watch it again…Just let me have the remote.
2) We will pretend that we can’t hear you…and if we do happen to hear you, we do not understand what you are saying, because you are speaking in another language. Plus we are still watching our movie and can not be distracted.
3) We will play with our iPods, if we are allowed…and yes we are still watching the movie.
4) Mom and Dad…forget about listening to what you want to listen to. The radio is officially ours. We will listen to “What Does the Fox Say?” while we watch our movie, and play on our I Pods. It does not distract us while “you” drive. “Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
5) CAN YOU PUSH PLAY!? Its the button with the triangle on it…just in case you didn’t know.
6) Can I use your phone, because my iPod is dead. It’s not like you are using it anyway since you are too busy driving while we watch our movie and listen to “Let it Go” for the 100th time. Dad why do you have head phones on?
7) “Dad I have to go to the Bathroom.” So what if we just left and you told me to go before we left home. I didn’t have to go 2 minutes ago when we left! I guess you should’ve had us in the car 30 minutes before we had to actually leave!
Oh- by the way, since we are stopping to use the bathroom, can I get a drink? Oh yeah, I’m hungry too.
8) I took my socks and shoes off because my feet were hot, silly! I don’t know how they got in the trunk? Maybe it was “Sorcery!“, as they say in baby our sister’s favorite movie.
9) We must pick up a rock from every place we stop and put them in the van. Its ok…Dad doesn’t “Really” care…He will just clean them out or mom can keep them in her purse. Plus we are just helping the environment by recycling (we paint them at home and then we try to sell them to make money off of our parents and grandparents).
10) “We’re home? You go ahead in, while we will just sit in the driveway and finish our movie. We can’t remember how it ends! Its our favorite movie”