Each day, life will present moments that we take for granted. Winnie the Pooh once said, “Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in you heart.” How true this is!
1) For my beautiful wife and the companionship that she offers day-in and day-out. We have known each other since we were 13 years old and dated since we were 15. She is the number “one” in my life for many reasons…too many to even think of, or to count. She is my rock and the love of my life. I am blessed each and every day that I am able to lay my head next to hers, and she is the first face I see when I open my eyes in the morning.
2) For my awesome children and the joy they bring to my heart each and every single day. I am blessed to have 4 beautiful little ones that call me “daddy” each day. I love the way they laugh when we play and when they run to me to hold them if they get hurt. I am blessed to have 4 reasons to strive to be the best I can be.
3) For my loving parents for always being by my side no matter what. I am thankful for all the hard work and sacrifices they made in guiding me to the man I am today. I am blessed that they were the crutch to lean on when I had trouble standing, and they were the hands to give the the extra push when I needed to keep going.
4) For my one and only brother for his unconditional friendship. Growing up being less that 1 year apart (irish twins) we were inseparable. He was always there with me as we raised havoc growing up, blaming each other when we got in trouble. I am blessed to have him as my brother.
5) For my wonderful in-laws for allowing me to date their only daughter so many years ago. They have always treated me as if I was their own son/brother, and have always been there to help us at a moments notice. I am blessed for the friendship and respect we have built together over the years.
6) For the support of my friends, both new and old. As the chapters in my life have opened and closed, I have always been surrounded by great people I could always call “my friends.” I am blessed for each moment they are a part of my life, and for the companionship their children provide to mine.
7) For the opportunities that presented themselves. Everyday, we are blessed to take advantage of all that is good in life. The opportunity to guide our children to take the right path, to be a shoulder to cry on, to thank a soldier for their time of service, or to give a dollar to some one who needs it more than us. I am blessed that I am able to recognize and take advantage of each opportunity…each making me the man I want to be.
8) For the mistakes I make each and every day. Every mistake made is a chance to make a change for the better. Mistakes make us human, but how we correct them makes our legacy. I am blessed that I have a chance each day to make good on my mistakes and become a better person because of them.
9) For what the future holds for me and my succeeding generations to come. We can not see or guarantee what the future holds, but we can “lay the path” to guide us to a better life. I am blessed that that there is a future. However, Live and love today…the present.
10) For GOD… because without him the first 9 reasons would not be possible. I am blessed for EVERYTHING in my life. As stated in John 3:16… “For God so loved the world he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
Take that time today to be thankful for the everything in your life and to live each day to the fullest. Be thankful for the people in your life and what they have done to impact it. Each day is blessing, and an opportunity to do something great. So make the most of each opportunity and be great!